- Why did PNCC not appear?
- Is it anything to do with the contract between PNCC and Mighty River Power?
- Does this mean PNCC has unlimited financial exposure to Mighty River Power?
- Has it changed from being a willing landlord?
It has made a pact with the devil, which destroys the environment, compromises the city’s water supply and ruins the amenity and property values of a large number of residents. The city already has an unsustainable debt and with this Mafia like contract it could get much, much worse. Note: the section of the contract quoted below was taken from the public record of the Board of Enquiry hearings.
“10.1 Council to support
The Council agrees in its capacity as landowner( and subject to clause 17.2) to :
(a) Support any application by Mighty River for the grant, renewal. Variation or continuation of any Consent necessary to give effect to Mighty River’s rights under this Agreement including consent for the lease;
(b) Support Mighty River’s negotiations with Adjacent Owners, as requested by Mighty River; and
(c) Provide such written evidence of this support (and any consent or approval) as Mighty River may reasonably require.”
10.2 Council not to oppose.
The Council agrees in its capacity as landowner (and subject to clause 17.2) that it will not, either directly or indirectly:
(a) object to, oppose or impede
(1) any application by Mighty River for the grant, renewal, variation or continuation of any Consent necessary to give effect to Mighty River's rights under this agreement, including without limitation a subdivision consent for the lease;
(11) any action taken by Mighty River to give effect to Mighty River's rights under this Agreement; or
(111) the granting to Mighty River of any lease, restrictive covenant or easement necessary for the Wind Farm Project or the Investigation; or
(B) fund, facilitate or promote any person, entity or group to take any action that would be in breach of this clause 10 if done by Council.
12.2 D “The liability of Council (other than in its statutory capacity) for breach of this contract or for any negligent act or omission shall be limited to $3,000,000 in aggregate during the term of this Agreement. This limitation of liability shall not apply to deliberate acts or omissions of Council that breach this Agreement.”
- The purpose of local government is—
- (a) to enable democratic local decision-making and action by, and on behalf of, communities; and
- (b) to promote the social, economic, environmental, and cultural well-being of communities, in the present and for the future.
Apparently extending her carbon footprint to Machu Picchu
Her replacement, Naylor, is now struggling, with his support for the wind farm and election funding from the wind farm lobby coming back to haunt him.
3/ Hornblow, enthusiastic wind farm supporter gives up the deputy mayoralty to avoid the wind farm fall out and ballooning city debt to devote himself to his earthquake prone church.
365,000 bricks, nothing to worry about.